It’s like an oil change, for your body.
Until very recently (in historical terms), we didn’t have processed foods, mass agriculture, or the levels of pollution we are exposed to today. Although our bodies are designed to naturally detoxify by neutralizing and eliminating toxins through the colon, liver, kidneys, lungs, lymph and skin, we are exposed to more pollutants than ever before. When the body’s cleaning crew can’t keep up with the increased toxic load, we often experience some unwanted symptoms like fatigue, skin problems, hampered immunity, mood swings, trouble sleeping, headaches and other pains.
Even just one day of juice can have massive benefits. During a juice cleanse, your body is flooded with living nutrients that are rapidly absorbed and available for immediate use. This heavy dose of superb nutrition supports our bodies natural detoxification process and the regeneration of cells and organs. At the same time, you are abstaining from highly processed foods or hard-to-digest ingredients, allowing your digestive system to rest and release the body of built-up junk. Reducing the body’s workload can lead to greater efficiency and an overall improvement in how you feel.
Some of the benefits of a juice cleanse include:
- Renewed energy
- Strengthened immunity
- Reduced inflammation
- Better digestion, less bloating and gas
- Increased focus and concentration
- Improved sleep
- Clearer skin
- Better mood and lessened anxiety
- Fewer cravings for sugar and caffeine
- A healthier relationship towards food and health
A juice cleanse may NOT be right for you if…
- You want to rapidly lose weight or want a “quick fix”
- You’re back from a very indulgent vacation that you want to pretend never happened
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding (however juice can absolutely supplement a more caloric diet)
- You are on certain medications (check with your doc)
- You plan on bingeing as soon as your cleanse is over
A juice cleanse may be right for you if…
- You already have fairly healthy eating habits
- You can commit time for yourself and self-care during a cleanse
- You can arrange for a low intensity activity level (think yoga, not bootcamp)
- Your goal is to refresh your body systems and reward their hard work
- You would love to strengthen your immune system
- A juice cleanse is a tool for you to kickstart healthier habits
How long should I cleanse?
The longer you cleanse, the deeper you will release the toxins that have found their way into your organs, fatty tissues, and blood. We offer 1, 2, or 3 day cleanses aimed at beginners and a milder experience. If you’d like customized support or a deeper detox, we can craft individualized cleanse programs that extend for several days or weeks.
Which cleanse should I choose?
It would be impossible to prescribe a cleanse to any given individual - we all have different goals, different lifestyles, and of course, different bodies. Some people feel great when consuming all liquids, and have energy through the roof on day one. Others may feel lightheaded or tired. Some of the factors that can impact your experience include your normal diet, activity level, and the time of year.
Check out our options below, and keep in mind we can help you find the right fit
Option 1 // Just Juice
All-liquid juice cleanse consisting of 6 nutrient dense juices,
Option 2 // Juice till dinner
A combination of cold-pressed juice and a carefully selected raw salad for a milder experience
Option 3 // juice and raw food
A combination of cold-pressed juice and raw food. 3 juices, 3 meals, a raw snack and a lemon/ginger/cayenne water
- Pre-cleanse: one or more days before your cleanse, it is wise to avoid processed foods, caffeine, refined sugars, and alcohol. A simple diet full of fresh fruit and vegetables will promote cleansing and minimize any unwanted detox symptoms
- Drink water, and lots of it!
- Get moving, but keep it light: yoga, walking, or any light or moderate activity is perfect
- Hungry? If you feel that you need more fuel, try snacking on a few cucumber slices, or adding a spoonful of chia seeds to your juice and let sit for at least 5 minutes before consuming.
- Supplement your cleanse: Practice deep breathing and relaxation. If available to you, consider a massage, epsom salt bath, or spend some time in a sauna. Just make sure to drink lots of H2O!
- Post-cleanse: ease your body out of a cleanse by consuming simple and easy-to-digest foods. Smoothies, blended soup, salad, or raw or steamed vegetables make great options following a cleanse.
I’m in! What's next??
At this time, we ask that you register and pre-pay in person or over the phone, and at least 3 days before you’d like your cleanse to begin. If you’d like to set up a time to discuss customized cleanse options with our health coach, or have any questions, please fill out the form below: